Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can you do hard news?

Joan passed this along:
"The SanTan Sun News needs another strong, hard news writer to take a story or two per issue. Send a resume and clips to Laurie@SanTanSun.com.
Laurie Fagen
SanTan Sun News
Chandler"

The SanTan Sun News, based in Chandler, is an excellent and well-read community paper. It focuses on southern Chandler and Ocotillo, but provides thorough coverage of downtown and city goings-on as well. I strongly believe "local local" papers and news sites (their web site is high-quality, too) will be major players in journalism as we move forward through these uncertain times, and the SanTan Sun is a prime example of how well they can do. They have a large ad base and beefy sections.
However, I have no idea how much they pay because I've never worked for them. I tried a few times to contact Laurie, but she never returned my calls or e-mails. So don't bother to use my name if you want to reach her, because apparently I hold no clout (or I did something to really cross her at one point, although I can't remember doing so).

No comments: