Monday, February 2, 2009

What works for you?

Our most recent real-life 60 Percenters meeting at Curry Leaf Indian Grill in Ahwatukee was a hit. We shared plenty of useful information and a bit of gossip, as usual.

And after I suggested stopping the meetings and blog due to lack of interest, several of you expressed interest in continuing both.

For various reasons, though, I need to change up the 60 Percenters day, which has traditionally been on the final Tuesday of the month. But I can't do Tuesdays anymore. It also seems like a lot of folks are on deadline at the end of the month.

Instead of meeting on the last Tuesday, what would work to get more people to attend? Mid-month? Early in the month? 

Coffee or breakfast seems to work better for most of us, because once we get going on our day, it's tough to stop in the middle and go out for lunch. Now that Crackers & Co. Cafe opened in Tempe on Elliot near Hardy, everyone at the last meeting seemed to like that idea for a morning meeting. But if you really love the idea of lunches, let me know.

If you can't get the comment field to work on the blog, feel free to e-mail me and I will get back to you all in a week or so with the verdict.

3 comments:

Christine K. Bailey said...

I like the idea of continuing to meet. Morning coffee or breakfast works best for me. I think most any day would work, as long as I get it on my calendar in advance and know to work around it.

Unknown said...

Mornings could work for me as well, as long as I know ahead of time, too.

Can't do Wednesdays, though, as that's my women's networking breakfast (6:30-8:30). I could do that day only if the meeting started around 9:15.

Still gotta finish my book though. Not doing any meetings till that's done on Feb. 20.

Ann Videan said...

Morning tea or breakfast works best in my schedule. Seems fewer groups plan meetings during the first week, so that would be my recommendation. Although, it really doesn't matter when in the month, as long as it's consistent and I can plan around a recurring calendar entry. Thanks for keeping us meeting in person, Geri. I think it's important we see each other. . .helpful tidbits always come out in real conversations that don't online.