Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The 60 Percent Poem

I created a vision statement, but it was blurry.

I was a team player, but the game was always changing.

I tried to think outside of the box, but I worked in a cube.

I thought I was on the same page, but my page was in a different book.

I’ve been downsized, outsourced, restructured, re-engineered and leveraged. I’ve done brain dumps and done more with less. I’ve gone the extra mile and stretched the envelope. I’ve cast my net, covered all my bases, run it up the flagpole and gotten my ducks in a row.

I talk the talk and walk the walk. I’ve added value, cut time to market and sung from the same hymn book.

I think it’s time for a paradigm shift. Maybe I should wipe the slate clean.

The ball is in my court now. It’s time to refocus my goals, broaden my horizons and get back on track.

Let’s touch base and look at this holistically. After all, this is my baby.

Going forward, I’m not giving 110 percent. You can have 60. Do I have your buy-in?

3 comments:

Christine K. Bailey said...

That was great, Geri!

Joan W said...

Love it! if I hear one more time -- doing more with less!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love this poem. I'm going to print it and hang it on my wall. I'll hand write in add all the other stuff people say to me (I'm getting ready to leave my job so I can write - 60%). i.e. Don't you want to stay for this BIG PROJECT? - No Thanks, I've rallied for the BIG PROJECT for the last time. Won't you be bored? Have you considered that I might be bored now? That usually stops them. This will keep me sane for the next 7 months. Thank you for sharing!